Inspiring innovation in Oregon by emulating nature’s genius.
Biomimicry Oregon seeds life-friendly innovation by inspiring people to put nature’s genius to work in organizations by:
- connecting people from all sectors with biomimicry resources and each other,
- increasing awareness of the value and practice of biomimicry, and;
- catalyzing projects and celebrating successes.
- Collaboration – We believe in the “power of we,” and operate in an inclusive, collaborative manner.
- Transformation – To create a sustainable region, all sectors must transform to live within nature’s means. We focus on building awareness, education, and action.
- Biomimicry – We believe biomimicry is a powerful framework for sustainability, using nature as measure, model and mentor.
- Humility – We believe we have a lot to learn… from the natural world and each other.
- Respect – We believe in the intrinsic value of all beings and treat one another and the natural world with respect.
- Advance sustainable development by building partnerships founded on a bio-regional ethos.
- Strengthen existing programs aimed at building environmental stewardship among citizens.
- Offer new perspectives to environmental education and curriculum.
- Build leadership and new levels of involvement from environmental fields.
- Enhance and broaden academic research opportunities.